Reverse Logistics is the process of planning, implementing, and controlling the efficient, cost effective flow of raw materials, in-process inventory, finished goods and related information from the point of origin to the point of consumption for the purpose of capturing value, or proper disposal.
Key business benefits include:
- Reduced administrative, transportation and aftermarket support costs.
- Increased velocity.
- Increased service market share.
- Higher achievement of sustainability goals.
- Greater customer service and higher retention levels.
- Recovery of capital investments in assets.